Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS 708update killed my wifi card
DS 708update killed my wifi card

2333 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2013-06-05 00:48:30

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    clgdswr
    2013-06-04 17:13:56
    I purchased the tool ds708, played around with it a little, registered tool. Connected to my shop wireless network, no issues. I updated all the programs that needed updating including firmware or some sort of ds708 software. Imediatetly afterwards I was unable to reconnect to wireless, and have not been able to do so since. I contacted tech support over the phone only to be told to send in a ONE DAY OLD TOOL FOR REPAIR.....WTF seriously? So I decided not to send in the NEW TOOL I am using and just use the USB adaptor to update. I was also able to plug in an ethernet cable and perform updates that way. Now today I attempt to connect using ethernet, the tool wont connect to the website and says check internet connection. ITS NOT the connection causing this cause I can use the internet browser(which is so slow its useless) on the tool itself. I plugged in the usb adaptor with card today, and it also says I have no internet connection.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-06-05 00:48:30

Though it is really a tragedy for you, I can't help laughing out.....I have no idea why everytime you use our DS708 connect to Internet, then it will kill every means of internet connection.... I have a guess... Some tele company does not permit customer to use multi-computers to share network of a same IP address. ...It will set some kind of restriction on its network. ...Try to find some tele guy to explain to you.
  Total1 Pages